7.20.2009

Music Mondays. 7.20.09

I have a 3 for 1 coupon for this edition of Music Monday!

1) Chronic Future "Time and Time Again"

Chronic Future is heavily slept on!
I don't understand why this band, a mix of pop punk and rap rock, hasn't gotten more love.
I still remember the first time I heard this song.
It was spring 2004, I was a junior in highschool and the Iraq War was in full swing.
It was right around the insurgency expansion and when the whole Abu Ghraib prisoner abuse scandal started popping off.
Yeah, mugs were starting to get pissed and Chronic Future layed out the prisoner's story so nicely with this dope video.
I have always been hella liberal, even before it was cool to despise the Bush administration, and this video just pissed me off even more but I still loved it. lol
Chronic's third album "Lines in My Face" became the soundtrack to my summer and it even got 3 1/2 out of 5 stars from 'The Rolling Stone'.
If you like this track listen to:
"New York, NY"
"Memories in F Minor"
"Stop Pretending"
"Shellshocked"
WAKE UP!

2) Kaskade "Borrowed Theme"

I love electronica music and this song is just so lovely to me.
"Ive been borrowed, shame on me."

3) ?uestlove, The Foreign Exchange, Zo! and Carlitta Durand “Purple Flip”

Uh, can you go wrong with a callabo like this? Naw.

I hope you like these songs just as much as I do.
:)
-Jai
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Lil Ru "Nasty Song"

I was watching Wiz's UStream and he started singing this and got me weak.
I can't wait for school to start so I can watch the Q's go crazy when this song comes on. lol

xo,
LMo

No comments:

Post a Comment

comment