9.21.2009

And I came from her soft touch and slept.

If you only listen to one song that I suggest on my blog, listen to this:
Minus the Bear "This Ain't a Surfing Movie"

As I said from a previous Music Monday post, I used to be addicted to MTB and now I'm re-discovering their music all over again.

I am utterly in love with this song.
Like if this song were a man, I would be holding up this sign every time I saw him.

The vibe is crazy and the lyrics are ridiculously beautiful to me.
"I hope the weather holds, but you don't need the sun to make you shine."
Are you serious right now?!

If someone ever pulled a line of those proportions off and they actually said that ish to me...?!
I am handing over my V-card; unlimited swipes.

LOL, jk (No. No I'm not kidding at all. ha)

Regardless of what you're used to listening to, just chill and take this in...




"When I turned the page
The corner bent into a perfect dog-ear
as if the words knew I'd need them again,
but at that time I couldn't see it.
I would read that page everyday for the next year.

She sang a short tune.
And I came from her soft touch and slept.

We sat on a shoreline watching wind
scalp the white off the waves.
Sitting on a shoreline, and if I could
do it, I'd dog-ear this page.
We spoke about growing old and filling the future's empty stage.

I hope the weather holds,
but you don't need the sun to make you shine.
These island towns don't care for city folk,
but I think we can starve the city from our minds.

I know we won't want for much,
It's just you and me and a bed and a shoreline.
"

P.S. Was that song not love?
I literally read the lyrics out loud and end up questioning them everytime like they dont exist.
Im like,"But I think we can starve the city from our minds?! What?! Did that just happen?!" lol

P.P.S. I have to see them live!
This intro and drop is euphoric.
It reminds me of the intro from Death Cab's "I Will Possess Your Heart" for some reason.

P.P.P.S. Dope summer song and since today is the last day of summer, enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

comment