2.15.2010

Music Monday. 2.15.10

None of the MM songs I picked are "new musical finds" for me.
All of these songs are actually pretty damn old, but sometimes you find new appreciation and a fresh perspective from older music...

1) Esthero-"Breath From Another"
Ive said it many times before: Esthero is one of the most underrated artist of the last decade.
She's on another level, period.
And no matter what you're into, you will probably eff with her on some level.
Besides, today's r&b sucks, so stop listening to that rubbish and support her instead.
P.S. I love getting ready to this song and when those drums blaze in, it's euphoric...


2) Bob Marley-"Running Away/Crazy Baldhead"
Ive watched this performance at least 25 times in the past week.
The harmonies, the horns and the way the songs perfectly blend are too funky to deal with.
And as always, my man is singing the truth:
"Didn't my people before me
Slave for this country?
Now you look me with that scorn,
Then you eat up all my corn."

I suggest you read the lyrics here & here
And did you check his little jig at the end? Adorable...lol


3) Esthero ft. Miguel-"Many Times"
This is one of Esthero's latest songs that was released in 2008 and it features Miguel (another talented, overlooked artist).
Let me just say, this has to be the most sensual song about group masturbation that ever existed.
"Its good to know I'm not the only one that knows what I like..."


4) Gnarls Barkley "St.Elsewhere"
I still don't think people realize how solid this group is.
(As 1970s as it is, "solid" was the first word that came to mind, dead serious. Ha)
But hopefully they'll drop another album in 2011 cause man...
Lyrics must be read while listening to this song here.


5) Sade-"Skin"
Of course, I had to throw some new Sade up here.
Random: I love how you can hear the little Michael Jackson "Wooo!" right when she sings,"Like Michael, back in the day."


-Jai
-------------------------------------------------------------------

1) B.O.B feat. Asher Roth-"Fuck the Money"


2) Sade-"Moon and the Sky"


3)Wings-"Band on the Run"


4) Curren$y-"Reset"


xoxo,
LMo

No comments:

Post a Comment

comment