3.17.2010

I'm applying for my passport.


That's it; I've been meaning to apply for months now.
Last time I was out of the country, I had to carry all these important documents around and I can't do that next time...

I mean, I'm passionate about travel.
I think it's one of the most important things a person can experience, so for that reason alone, mama needs to apply for her passport.

Welp, actually, I thought those were the only reasons I needed, until I experienced this beyond solid sneak peek from the upcoming mixtape "I Want You" from no other than my main man, Theophilus London (and that's his real fucking name, ha).



You may have heard us mention Theo several times while shopping on The Clearance Aisle, and you can actually "purchase" both of his mixtapes here...for the price of $free.99 :)

But yo, after listening to this song, whatever place Mr. London is singing about, I need to be on the first flight, immediately...if not sooner.

Trust me, this.shit.does.NOT.suck...at all.

Whatever song this is...
the beat is rockin steady, the ambiance perfectly glides over and that guitar riff is funky...then Theo drops in, singing some Calgon...take me away, type lyrics...
His vibe is a combination, reminiscent of General Public, Prince and Neon Indian, but it's perfectly him...and it's lovely.

Plus he can rap, so... *throws hands up...kanye shrug*

As expected, I cannot wait for this "I Want You" tape to drop.
Plus it's coming just in time when the warmth seeps back into the air, my windows are half full and the volume is turned a l l t h e w a y up...to 38.



P.S. Btw, this General Public link is actually worth looking at.
Especially if you wanna see some damn awkward air clapping (at min. 2:22) and a black man's hair that looks like a jar of Goober by Smuckers. lol

P.P.S. I wanna hang with Theo and Dev Hynes...bad. Somebody hook it up? :) ha...

P.P.P.S. If any of yall live in the STL area, and you're into creating music, please get at me on Twitter @vivalablackgirl
I've started writing, I have a decent voice and I'm ready to jump in...I heard the water's great.

P.P.P.P.S. Oh, and um, eff my place of employment.
I planned to be a SXSW this year, vibing to some of my favorites, like Theo, but...maybe next year.

P.P.P.P.P.S. This video is 2:22 min. (my number) and that nigga still looks like a shrunken version of King Lebron James. lol

Peace,
Jai.

No comments:

Post a Comment

comment