4.01.2011

Block Party.

I was watching "Dave Chappelle's Block Party" yesterday.
Omg, I would have loved to had been there.
Yeezy, Common, Dead Prez, Mos Def, Jill Scott, Erykah Badu, The Roots & one special guest:
J. Cole!


As I was watching the movie, I kept seeing this familiar light skinned boy.
6 years ago this man was right in the front of the audience probably losing his brain cells.
Can you imagine seeing all of those artists from a fan's point of view?
Now imagine seeing them from an artist's perspective?
On a whole nother level!

Do you remember the part where Dave invited an MC to come to the stage and freestyle?
Well J.Cole was trying his HARDEST to get on that stage.
If he was picked, he probably would be a part of G.O.O.D. Music right now. lol
I guess everything happens for a reason.
Maybe that was a point of major inspiration for him that led to some of the great music he makes now.

Either way, I was amused.
I felt like I was playing Where's Waldo.


Cheers,
LMo

No comments:

Post a Comment

comment