4.10.2012

I got one for ya.


I just finished reading this blog post about being effing awesome in life.
And I've been thinking about that same type of thing lately:
Life is what you make it.

When you grow old and think back on your life, don't you want to feel like it was ridonkulous?
Me does.

Anyway, here's an excerpt from the post:
You want a purpose to your life? I got one for ya.

From this day forth, your purpose is to be the most fucking awesome person you can imagine being.

Quick story: in my early 20s I used to hang out with piercers and tattoo artists a lot. It was the 90s, and a bunch of us were getting crazy parts of their bodies pierced.

One day I walked up to my piercer friend, Azl, who was pretty much covered with tattoos. Incidentally, he’s now an amazing poker player with a huge backpiece of a king of diamonds (with an axe in his head). Epic.

Anyway, I walk up to him one day in the studio and I ask: “What is it like to look down at your arms and know that all these tattoos are yours– that this is what your arms look like?”

Pausing for a moment for dramatic effect, he answered: “Julien, It is fucking awesome,” and smiled widely.


I can get behind that.
Read the full post here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

comment