2.08.2011

"All I wanna see is six titties."-CJ

If you haven't noticed, the state of R&B music is in peril.
Most "artists" lack substance, are extremely monotonous, or have sold out to this pop-glazed egregiousness that we call "mainstream radio".
I can't stand to listen to 95% of it.

However, Baltimore singer/songwriter, CJ (who now goes by CJ Hilton), is someone I can actually stand to listen to.
He's young, talented and...um, really talented.
The man can sing (and play piano) exceptionally well for someone his age.
The only problem: His 2010 mixtape, "The Package" (hosted by Idris Elba), was overlooked.

I was able to find a few tracks from the mixtape, check them out below. :)

1) CJ Hilton-"3zy's"
This was one of my favorite covers of 2010, period.
The fact that this man sings,"Six titties! Six titties!" in harmony is enough for me.


2) CJ Hilton-"She's A Problem"
His voice is butter, the song feels good and you can tell he grew up on Marvin Gaye.


3) CJ Hilton-"Move On"
A sexy little reggae influenced track.


...and not only does he sound great in the booth, but he's also impressive live.

So, do you think he has a chance in today's musical arena?
With a good team and proper branding, I'd like to think so.



Download CJ's extremely slept on, and solid mixtape, "The Package" here.

Peace,
Jai

No comments:

Post a Comment

comment