11.05.2008

Where were you when we made history?



I was at a huge Democrat watch party in STL and it was beautiful. Unlike the McCain/Palin crowd who is one homogenous lump(consisting of mainly white Christians over 30) the Obama/Biden crowd is like the 96 Crayola Crayon Box(yes, with the sharpener on the back).lol Black, white, brown, yellow, Jewish, Muslim, Christian, gay, straight, old, young, rich, poor and everything in between. Even the "macaroni and cheese" crayon? No. hehe But hell, even my cousin who has lived in Paris for the last 20 years came back to the U.S to vote and volunteer for the campaign with her French husband. Yippee for duel citizenship. ha But all in all, it was a great night..
.sipping on champagne and being surrounded by crazy liberals.


When CNN announced that Barack won it was like a mix of your favorite underdog team winning the Superbowl or World Series mixed with New Years Eve. Screaming, crying, jumping, hugging, dancing, just insanity! But one thing I will NEVER forget is this one old black man(like 75ish) who started jumping like he caught the Holy Ghost and he was BALLING his eyes out saying "I never thought I would see this." His wife was crying as well and then all these older White women and this young Latina started crying and hugging him. It was the biggest Kumbaya moment Ive ever seen IN LIFE! Definitely a tear jerker moment. Then the celebration spilled over into the city, people running outside, hunking horns, and just partying in the streets! I can only imagine how Chicago was. My friends Maria and Erica live up there and Erica said it was coo coo for cocoa puffs! Im like,"Erica, did you get any pictures?" and she responds,"No. Pictures Jessica? I got pho-to-graphhsss." lmao. so weak. Obama winning represents so much and I am just so proud that I could be apart of history.

YES WE CAN!
YES WE DID!

I will have MY pics and videos up soon to share, but here are some of my favs from around the world.
















No comments:

Post a Comment

comment