7.25.2011

Music Monday 7.25.11

Hey shoppers...I've missed you.
I know there has been a TON of dope music out since we last did a Music Monday, but what you gonna do?
Lets just start where we left off...

1) SBTRKT ft Little Dragon-"Wildfire (remix ft. Drake)"
This song right here? This song right here? Quite legit.
A super dope collaboration.
SBTRKT's album just came out late last month(Dope)..
AND Little Dragon's album drops tomorrow.
What more can you ask for?


2) Jhene Aiko -"Stranger"
Remember this girl from the being around B2k back in the day?
They claimed she was Lil Fizz's cousin, but that was a lie. Womp.
Even more juicy, she has like a 4 year old by Omarion's brother O'Ryan.
Anyway, her mixtape Sailing Souls is quality and this is one of my favorite songs from it.
Please get familiar.


3) Amy Winehouse-"In My Bed"
In memory of Amy Winehouse. R.I.P.
This is one of my favorite songs from her.
She samples a nice little Nas track and does it proper justice.


4) Lil Wayne-"Racks"
This song gets me hype as the hell!
Check out his new mixtape "Sorry 4 the wait."
He comes pretty correct.


5. Morcheeba-"Undress Me Now"
Sexy time.


Cheers,
LMo


1) Amy Winehouse-"Take The Box"
This is one of my favorite Amy Winehouse tracks, performed live by the late, great artist.
R.I.P Amy, my heart goes out to her family and friends.


2) Nina Simone-"My Man's Gone Now (DJ Wally remix)"
Soul stirring.


3) Friendly Fires-"Pala"
Friendly Fires, and their latest album, "Pala", has been one of my summer soundtracks.


4) Kendrick Lamar-"Hol' Up"
The lyricism, the horns, the warmth of this track...
Feels so good, don't you agree?


5) Ellie Goulding & Daft Punk-"No Guns and Horses, Just Make Love (Monsieur Adi mash-up)"
You're so worth it, you are.


Peace,
Jai

No comments:

Post a Comment

comment