12.08.2009

Long live the Queen.

Ive been waiting damn near a decade for this moment.


Yes, the beautiful Sade is back yall!

Like my guy Maxwell, she's been hiding out in Europe for years, living life and probably being extremely inspired (which is a catch 22 for us).

Her new single "Soldier of Love" recently dropped and of course, I love it.

Sade is one of my favorite artist of all time.
Ive been listening to her all my life (thanks Ma & Pa), but now that I'm older, I can truly appreciate her lyrics (which are always so honest and beautiful).

For example, in "Cherish the Day" when she says:
"If you were mine. If you were mine. I wouldn't want to go...to heaven."
WHAT?!
It would be INSANE to even feel an 1/8th of that statement.
Powerful.

Anyway, her album drops next year and I cant fucking wait!

Download "Soldier of Love" here and enjoy...

P.S. If her album would have dropped this year, I would have just committed suicide.
2009 was an amazing year for music and I don't think my heart coulda took it if she released her record too. lol

P.P.S. I think Ive mentioned it before, but D'Angelo is coming back as well.
He's working with some crazy people like Cee-lo, Mark Ronson and Raphael Saadiq.
His project is gonna be insanity.

P.P.P.S. "See Sade in concert" is on my Bucket List.
It will happen. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment

comment